Stoneware plates are naturally able to maintain even temperatures, both during and after the cooking process. Scorch that may alter flavour is prevented, dessert and cold soups are kept cold, and warmth is maintained in soups and stews.
Rounded or organically shaped dinnerware, handmade by local artisans and designer-made, our collection is special and unique by its matte finish.
SPECIFICATION + SIZE
- ø 26 cm / ø 10.2"
- 3.7 cm h / 1.5" h
- 0,84 kg | 1,848 lbs
- Microwave and dishwasher safe
- Completely free of toxic heavy metals (like cadmium and lead) and carcinogens found in other, less robust, ceramic forms.
A little bit about GHARYAN Stoneware
Based in Montreal, Canada, GHARYAN Stoneware starts its life as pure, mineral-rich clay fed by the azure depths of the Mediterranean Sea.
As an area steeped in the deeply ancient tradition of pottery, expert craftsmen have lived for generations among the citrus, roses, vines and jasmines in the gardens of Cap Bon, passing down thousands of years of pure artistry, hand-to-hand, to the artisans that continue to create our stoneware pieces today. At Gharyan, we believe in sustainable and fair trade. We only work with pairs that share our values.
All of our products are designed in Ontario and made in Tunisia where it's guaranteed that workers benefit from all their rights: Social insurances, 8 hours work/day, 5 days/week, enrollment with the Tunisian National Labour Union, safe work conditions, no child labour, no labour exploitation etc.
USE + CARE
- Oven use: Because stoneware is a fragile material, we advise extra caution as we offer no guarantee.
- Quick and extreme changes in temperature could cause thermal shock causing your stoneware to crack.
- Do not preheat stoneware and do not place wet stoneware in the oven.
- Do not use on the grill
- Do not place dense, frozen food items on Stoneware.
- Do not place hot stoneware directly on a cold surface as it may cause cracks, use trivet or a towel and let it cool down to avoid such cracks.
- The use of sharp utensils may leave slight scratches (especially on a matte finish). A few options can help you remove them; rub your dishes using a good scrubber with baking soda, cream of tartare or a scouring powder (Bar Keepers Friend) with water.